Thinking about dating a Nigerian? There are some details you may want to consider before doing so, especially if you have yet to experience such a date. There are sayings and concepts about dating a Nigerian that may or may not be true. Sure, many single Nigerians love a good time and like to spend time with people with similar interests.
Yet, it does seem certain that Nigerian men and women may expect things a little differently than those who date in other cultures such as European or American. Nevertheless, the following points are what some have said or heard about Nigerian dating.
- Some Nigerian women don’t like to receive flowers. This may or may not be true depending on their religious upbringing and whether the girl has experience dating among other cultures. A few claim that men are better off giving a Nigerian lady something like chocolates, jewelry or clothes. You can find out more about what Nigerian women like or do not like at leading Nigerian Dating Site Naija Match G+ page which you can find here.
- Nigerian women may not have sex on the first date. Some believe they will be labeled as a prostitute if they engage in sex on the first or second date. This may change depending on whether the woman is a church goer or a Christian. Some may wait a few months before considering having sex, while others may wait until after the second date.
- If you date a Nigerian woman you better have money. Several groups of people believe in order for a man to please a Nigerian woman he should have money or be financially independent. Some feel this is true especially if you expect to sleep with her. This may be more common with a Nigerian woman who is an unemployed student or a graduate. Men shouldn’t be too worried; if you possess honest and attractive characteristics, she is sure to like you without being financially loaded.
- Many Nigerian women like to brag about their man, especially if he is good in bed. Some are known to stay with a man just because he is good in bed if he has no money. Some may have hopes of getting married or they may be desperate if they getting up there in age. You can find out more about what Nigerian women love to talk about in bed at the FB page of Naija Match which can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/naijadatingmatch
- Some Nigerian women have known to be harsh toward a man when they want to break up with them. In other words, you need to have a good excuse for breaking off the relationship when you want out. Sometimes this aspect may have to do with religious or cultural beliefs or the tribe they are from.
- Dating a Nigerian man supposedly has its pros and cons. Some say they tend to be more controlling but not necessarily in a bad way. Some just have a strict or particular way of doing things when it comes to being with a woman and selecting a potential wife.
- In the last few years, more Nigerians are seeking dating opportunities online. While there are dozens of sites that have legitimate dating opportunities, some claim that certain sites may encourage adultery more than dating.